Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintaining sound procurement policies that ensure sourcing and acquisition of goods and services is carried out in line with laid down regulations.
• Ensuring timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods and services.
• Liaising with the HODs to develop and implement procurement plans for each unit in line with the Company business objectives
• Developing the departments work plan, budget and ensure adherence to set limits and targets
• Preparing tender documents and identification of new cost effective source markets for key plant spares.
• Reviewing and evaluating, in conjunction with the user, specifications for issuing and awarding of bids.
• Coordinating evaluation Committees to ensure selection of competitive contractors and suppliers of goods and services for the Company.
• Preparing professional opinion based on procurement processes and provisions of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015
• Coordinating external monitoring of the supply chain through liaising with suppliers, clearing agents, and other authorities to ensure smooth flow in the chain.
• Monitoring contract management by the departments to ensure implementation of contracts in accordance with terms and conditions of contract and act as liaison between the users and the supplier.
• Analyzing the Company's financial commitments made by Procurement function.
• Developing and maintaining Strategic relationships with key suppliers to monitor and review their performance.
• Ensuring the necessary international trading terms are met for the maximum gain of the Company.
• Organizing market price surveys of goods for benchmarking and taking appropriate actions to ensure competitive prices of supplies.
• Providing leadership to the procurement team including appraising their performance and recommending training requirements to improve their performance
• To oversee effective maintenance and disposal of the Company's obsolete items and assets.
• A Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Procurement and Supplies Management, or equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Holder of a Graduate Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies (MCIPS)
• Master's Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management will be an added advantage
• Membership of good standing in a professional body (CIPS or KISM)
• At least 10 years' experience in Purchasing & Supply Chain Management, of which 6 years must have been in a Senior Managerial position
• Conversant with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and the regulations
• Good Communications, Negotiation & Leadership skills
• Experienced in Contractual management and contractors performance management
• Working knowledge of International business management
• Organized , decisive and focused
Apply via the following link: https://zurl.to/snNy?source=CareerSite