Applications are invited from suitable qualified individuals to fill the following post in Starehe Girls Centre.
Position: Assistant Secretary (1 Post)
A school assistant secretary answers the office phone and transfers calls as necessary, assists in maintaining student records, welcomes school visitors, and handles any day-to-day needs required by the school.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Answer telephone and addresses caller questions and concerns.
• Transfers calls to proper individual and/or department as needed.
• Assists in sending student reports, school brochures, and other necessary forms.
• Welcomes visitors to the school and provides directions around the building as needed.
• Types up and contributes to school bulletin or newsletter.
• Assists in designing and drawing up promotional and informational materials for parents.
• Maintains records of student absences.
• Sorts and distributes mail delivered to school office.
• Contacts parents in the event of student illness or behavioral issues.
• Assists in maintaining student records and files.
• Uses computer database or filing system to update records as necessary.
• Assists in managing and updating the school calendar.
• Any other duties allocated by her supervisors.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience
• Diploma in Secretarial / Business Management.
• KCSE grade C- ( Minus) and above.
• Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft office suite
• Previous work experience in an office / school setting is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
• Maintains professional and friendly demeanor.
• Possesses excellent organizational skills.
• Is capable of managing time efficiently.
• Demonstrate ability to multi-task effectively.
• Possesses excellent telephone etiquette.
• Communicates clearly and effectively.
• Is capable of handling confidential student records in a responsible fashion.
• Demonstrates familiarity with basic office equipment such as multi-line phones and scanners.
Send your Application Letter and CV with contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. One MUST be your immediate supervisor through email to: email@example.com indicating the Title of position on the subject line of the Email.
Hard copy applications will NOT BE ACCEPTED. Only those submitted through Email will be considered. The closing date for the applications is 14th April 2022.
Starehe Girls’ Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity
within the organization.
|Industry||:||Primary / Secondary Education|
|Company||:||Starehe girls' ...|