Provide maintenance services to the plant in a manner that helps to optimize plant operations and minimize both engineering and production costs.
Plan, organize, allocate and coordinate the work of his team & provide leadership to the team in respect to technical troubleshooting.
Continually assess the competence of his team and offer coaching support as
Ensure that the section’s operations comply with all regulatory and corporate standards and procedures.
Participate in the development of the section’s budget (as one of the team
members) and monitor to ensure that operations remain within the authorized spend.
Maintain accurate records in respect to plant and equipment, including
maintenance and planning activities and equipment modifications.
Take full responsibility for plant equipment reliability and drive technical improvement identification activities.
Manage third-party contractors deployed in his area of work and take responsibility for sign-off.
Drive mechanical maintenance work within the plant and ensure that mechanical standards, procedures, and general regulations are complied with.
Stay abreast of technical developments and trends in engineering.
Lead, motivate, develop and control staff and ensure that HR procedures are complied with.
Identify staff training and development needs and carry out staff appraisals
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering
• At least five years’ experience in a heavy industrial environment with
• Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles of Autonomous Maintenance & Progressive/Preventive Maintenance
• Experience in SAP PM
• Registered with the Engineering Board of Kenya as an Engineer or with IEK as a corporate member
• Knowledge of Mechanical engineering standards governing Welding & Fabrication Works, Hydraulics Systems, Pumps & Fans, Earth Moving Vehicles, Belt & Bucket conveyance systems, Steam and Compressed Air Generation & Distribution.
• Working knowledge of statutory workplace safety
• Sound financial skills
• Good communication, interpersonal, leadership, and planning skills
|Salary||:||Ksh 300,000 - 400,000|