The Management Accountant will be tasked to ensure at any given time ACI financial statements are up to date, spending is in line with approved budgets and analyzing financial performance.
The Management Accountant will perform a series of tasks to ensure ACI financial security, handling essentially financial matters in collaboration with Chief accountant and Finance Director and thus helping to drive the business's overall objectives and strategies. Management Accountant will be responsible for efficient and accurate preparation and presentation of financial records and management information.
This includes coordination of the monitoring of budgets and forecasts throughout the organization.
1. Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis, and commentaries. Ensure all statements comply with applicable accounting standards and local legislation.
2. Produce information for Statutory Financial Statements and Interim Accounts for the benefit of Management and other stakeholders.
3. Timely and accurate reporting of monthly management accounts, investigating variances, correcting errors, liaising in the identification of causes, and where necessary providing explanations on departures from the budget.
4. Co-ordinate weekly and monthly cash flows, ensuring all information is collated and up to date, monitoring of accuracy, and liaising with Chief Accountant and Finance Director on funds management.
5. Develop an ongoing understanding of the systems and procedures of the Finance Department, administering them in the absence of any junior staff members.
· Cost or Chartered accountant with a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
· Strong skills in Microsoft office
· 2 to 3 years plus of experience in a manufacturing environment
· Working experience with Sage Evolution – Added Advantage Skills
· Highest order of Integrity and ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality
· Good communication and influencing skills
· Good financial accounting skills, financial systems, and general ledger skills
· Good problem solving and process skills
· Excellent self-management skills and the proven ability to meet strict targets and deadlines.