KTDA Management Services Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kenya Tea Development Agency Holdings Ltd and a key player in the tea industry providing management services to the smallholder tea sub-sector for efficient production, processing and marketing of quality teas.
To ensure continued success and growth, we are seeking a dynamic and highly talented individual to join our management team in the following exciting and challenging position.
LEGAL OFFICER – ONE (1) POSITION
Reporting to the Head of Legal and Regulatory Affairs, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing litigation, contract preparation and providing legal advisory on compliance.
a) Conducting legal research;
b) Participating in vetting and drawing contracts, lease, loans agreement and other legal documents;
c) Participating in liaison with external lawyers on legal matters for or against the KTDA / Group Companies;
d) Gathering information and evidence on cases and compiling the cases as required;
e) Participating in maintenance and filing all court proceedings as per established systems;
f) Liaising with other departments on handling effectively company operations and legal matters;
g) Preparing legal documents as required;
h) Participating in handling insurance matters as and when required;
i) Attending to Annual General Meeting as and when required;
j) Participating in preparation of budget and ensuring effective control;
k) Preparing legal reports and opinion on matters involving companies and presenting to management meetings;
l) Drafting and reviewing legal documents and contracts;
m) Negotiating advocates, auctioneers’ and investigators’ fees;
n) Providing legal advice to KTDA /Group companies and KTDA Managed Factories
o) Collecting evidence and witnesses in the event of a litigation.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications and competencies: –
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized institution;
• A Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Kenya School of Law;
• An advocate of the High Court
• Member of Law Society of Kenya with a current practicing certificate
• A minimum of two (2) Years relevant experience;
• Must demonstrate high integrity and ethical practice
• Must demonstrate ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Must be a team player who is able to work cordially in teams
• Must demonstrate ability to multitask.
• Must demonstrate commitment to operational effectiveness
• Should have ability to solve problems by applying relevant business knowledge
• Should demonstrate professional expertise in the relevant work area
• Must have the ability to communicate for both written and oral communication
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Must be a flexible person, who is willing to learn and able to work flexible hours to achieve goals
• Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages
How to apply
Kindly apply online here Not later than 13th May 2022.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
*Please indicate the date of admission to the bar in your application.
KTDA MANAGEMENT SERVICES LTD is an equal opportunity employer.
|Company||:||Tea machinery a...|