The position will require a person who is able to implement and develop a Livestock Production and Marketing Programme. Reporting to the Programs Manager, the person should have the following requirements: -
1. Organize farmers into Livestock Production and Marketing groups.
2. Link organized groups to Livestock and livestock products markets and outlets.
3. Mobilization and Organization of farmers to form Rural Savings and Credit Schemes.
4. Mobilization and Organization of farmers to initiate commercial Livestock-based Rural Cottage Industries.
5. Build effective collaboration with diverse sector players including GoK, Credit Providers, CBO and NGOs with a view to linking farmers to markets, credit and information.
1) Diploma or BSc. in any of these disciplines; Range Management, Animal Husbandry, Animal Health and production.
2) Practical Skills in designing and execution of community led Livestock production and Marketing programme in arid and semi-arid areas.
3) 10 years experience working in a community integrated Livestock production and Marketing programme.
4) Thorough Knowledge on value chain development for Small Holder livestock producers
5) Experience in working with Small Holder Livestock producers in arid and semi-arid areas will be an added advantage.
6) A valid Motor Cycle riding license
Applications stating current salary, detailed curriculum vitae, testimonials, names of three references, day time telephone contact and e-mail address to be sent to: - The Executive Director – SACDEP- Kenya, P O Box 1134-01000, Thika. Or Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted on phone for interviews.
Closing date: Friday, 26th March 2021
|Industry||:||Non - Profit / Volunteering|