Chief Operating Officer
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join the organization and to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations, procedures and be responsible for the efficiency of business. Your key challenge is to scale rapidly the solution across countries and to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
The organization is a young and vibrant company with the challenging mission to promote Affordable Quality Care for All in Low and Middle Income Countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
The organization is a complete EMR/remote care and telemedicine solution and based on the Philips Vital Health platform. This cloud-based platform is basis for further innovations in connected care
The organization is growing rapidly and has about 30 people spread over teams in Ghana, Kenya (Implementation Hub), Tanzania (Development and Support Hub) and the headquarters . The organization is a ‘flat’ and lean organization of excellent young professionals.
The COO oversees all implementation, development and support operations and has a long term strategic view on operations and scaling. The COO works closely together with the CTO who
oversees Development and Support. The COO is part of the management team that is composed of the Manager Sales, CTO, Manager Finance & Contracts and chaired by the CEO.
The COO plays an important role to connect people across the organization, to jointly realize smooth and efficient operations, to ‘grow’ staff of the organization to deliver an excellent performance and to enjoy being part of our ambitious mission. S/he oversee directly the Implementation Team.
• Be functionally responsible for the Roadmap of the organization.
• Planning and alignment of the results of sales, implementation and development in one smooth functioning operational plan; a two years rolling plan, with details for one year.
• Design and implement strategies for scaling to include new customers as well as to expand the scope of services to existing customers. Design and implement plans, tools, tactics and procedures accordingly.
• Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth, including KPIs and milestones to monitor in an effective way and learning from experience.
• Establish policies that promote a strong and driving company culture and individual attitudes marked by ‘taking responsibility, be proactive, customer oriented, be ethical and get it done.
• Active risk management, assure QA, implementation of GDPR and ISO 27001 across the organization in close collaboration with Finance and Contracts.
• MSc degree in (Medical) Informatics, ICT or related fields. Other study fields are possible if compensated by ample experience in software development and roll out of software solutions. Experience with scaling of software solutions is a pre.
• Proven experience in operation management, planning, implementation of large scale projects and/ or logistics, including budgeting, reporting and auditing.
• Knowledgeable in the medical field, preferably with hospital care processes
• Experience in Africa or Asia, preferably in the health care sector
• Be a team player and a leader capable of achieving the goals set.
• Have excellent communication skills and be sensitive for cultural differences
• Ability to delegate, to nurture technical and managerial competences of staff and still maintain overall control.
• Ability to promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
• Ability to assess the performance of staff and to deal with HRM aspects.
• Fluent in English
• Speak and read French (desirable)
The nature of the work requires regular travel and the ability to work ‘hands-on’ at the
implementation sites. Sharing in the results of the company is part of the remuneration package.
An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. The job is full time ( 40 hours a week).
The duty station is either in East Africa or in the Netherlands.Physical abilities.
|Industry||:||Information Technology / IT|