The position will require a person able to coordinate and implement an Advocacy and Lobbying program in support of Small Holder Agriculture. Should have the ability to develop advocacy tools and material to lobby for County, National and Regional policies that are in support of Small Holder Agriculture. Reporting to the Programs Manager, the person should have the following qualifications: -
1. Plan and conduct Advocacy Training to both agriculture trainers and community members on issues related to small Holder Agriculture.
2. Organise and participate in public dialogue and policy lobbying to address the agriculture related initiatives particularly in support of smallholder farmers.
3. Gather and document evidence for advocacy purposes
4. Engage the media and policy makers around key policy issues affecting Small Holder farmers and natural resources; raise awareness; inform and influence policy making.
1) Diploma or Bsc. in any of these disciplines; General Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agriculture Economics or Community Development.
2) Practical Skills in designing and execution of evidence-based advocacy programmes.
3) 10 years experience working in advocacy activities related to agriculture and natural resources management.
4) Thorough knowledge on policy and budgetary issues at County, National and regional levels
5) Experience in working with Small Holder Farmers and projects involving multiple stakeholders will be an added advantage.
Applications stating current salary, detailed curriculum vitae, testimonials, names of three references, day time telephone contact and e-mail address to be sent to: - The Executive Director – SACDEP- Kenya, P O Box 1134-01000, Thika. Or Emailed to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted on phone for interviews.
Closing date: Friday, 26th March 2021