JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTANT
Job Ref No: ASSL /ACCOUNTANT/ /07-2021 Department/Section: Finance
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Job Purpose: The Accountant shall be responsible for ensuring that sound accounting principles and controls are applied to all financial transaction in the Sacco and safeguard the funds and other assets in line with the laid down procedures.
Scope of work/duties
1. Post accounting transactions into the ledgers and member accounts on a daily basis.
2. Daily reconciliation of Petty cash and M-Pesa accounts.
3. Carrying out monthly bank reconciliation of the various Sacco Accounts.
4. Maintaining and reconciling debtors and creditors sub-ledgers in accordance with the Sacco policy.
5. Processing loan disbursements, Salary remittances, and other payments in a timely and accurate
6. Processing of staff payroll accurately and timely.
7. Maintenance of up-to-date Fixed Asset Register.
8. Ensuring timely preparation of management reports.
9. Monthly reconciliation of control accounts.
10. Ensuring accurate and timely processing of member remittances i. e. Payroll recoveries, Direct Debits, Standing orders, etc.
11. Filing of statutory returns and ensuring they are paid on time (NSSF, Pension, NSSF, PAYE
12. Answering and responding to members’ queries regarding the finance department.
13. Assist in the preparation of budgets and financial reports.
14. Assist in preparation and filing of SASRA reports.
15. Implementation of sound financial management, accounting, and investment strategies,