The Company Secretary will provide guidance to company directors about how their organization should be directed, managed, or controlled, keeping up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that might affect the organization. ensuring that policies are up to date and are approved.
• To provide guidance to the company directors and staff relating to legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
• To draft company meeting resolutions and maintain resolution register.
• Filing annual statutory returns
• Keeping updates on regulatory and statutory changes and policies that might affect the company.
• Registration of share certificates of customers/shareholders and maintaining records.
• To Convene, manage and service annual general meetings (AGMs) and Directors board meetings-creating agendas, recording, and circulating minutes.
• Taking minutes of external and internal meetings and keeping records.
• Maintaining and updating the register and associated contacts of members.
• Advising and training directors and members of the senior leadership team on corporate governance matters.
• Follow-through to ensure that decisions of the board of directors are implemented.
• Implementing procedures or workflow systems to help ensure good management of the organization in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 system.
• Participate in internal audit of the procedures and administration.
• Writing reports.
• Manage the historical library of the company documentation
• Certified Public Secretaries
• Registered member - Certified Public Secretaries Board.
• Bachelor's degree in Law.
• Masters in a business-related field is an added advantage
• Minimum of 5 years experiences practicing as a Company Secretary.
• Detailed knowledge of the legal aspects of taxation, accounting, auditing or financial analysis, etc.